SageTV, a leading HTPC software company released a new public beta of their flagship HTPC front-end software, SageTV today. With version 6.4.2 comes some nice, new features including one of the most anticipated features - official support of the Hauppauge HD-PVR. The HD-PVR is set to ship this month and SageTV joins GBPVR in officially supporting the new device that allows capturing HD content via the component output of cable boxes, satellite boxes and Blue Ray DVD Players.
Also included in the beta is a new file system & network browser, support for H.264 videos from YouTube (via the online videos feature), high definition photo display on the SageTV HD Extender, file transfers to/from the Placeshifter clients, and a boatload of bug fixes and improvements.
The complete feature list for SageTV V6.4.2 Beta is below:
1. High definition photo display does not currently work on the STX-HD100 while music is playing
2. The config wizard will be shown the first time this version is used even if it's already been ran before
1. Set the 'HD' bit for files that are imported that are of HD resolution
2. Fixed bug where TV recordings that were in TS format that needed a format redetection weren't getting it
3. Fixed bug where we'd use the wrong server address for the media format detection
4. Fixed bug where transcoding into AAC format no longer worked
5. Don't create lineups w/ 1000 channels on them of nothing when the user selects no epg source (this can be reverted by setting: epg/dont_create_full_channel_list_for_non_tuner_inputs=false)
6. Fixed bug in Scheduler where it would loop for an extremely long time trying to resolve certain scheduling conflicts that may not be resolvable. There's now a check for this and it'll terminate that search after 30 seconds. This is controlled by the folowing property: scheduler/max_time_for_smtsp
7. FIX: PTS-fix problem for a TS stream that has no PCR, or PCR is indicated to a wrong pid.
8. Fix: formatdect crash on Danmark DVB-T (more than 8 service TSID).
9. Added flow control for EPG data from TS sources
1. Fixed installer so that it doesn't fail on the non-fatal psisdecd.dll fix error
2. Fixed bug where HD photo display didn't work properly on STX-HD100 due to the wrong file version in the installer
3. Fixed bug on Vista SP1 where SageTV would crash trying to start up
4. Fixed bug w/ not detecting Composite+SPDIF input in new HD PVR driver
1. Fixed bug on HD extender where a JPEG image that failed to load would corrupt the high-definition image cache
1. Fixed bug where dynamic H/V alignment of images did not work
1. Config Wizard: if the server has not been fully configured yet (ConfigWiz/ServerFullyConfigured is not true on the server), then any type of client will perform all major configuration options, such as source config, recording & import dir config, etc.
2. The Search menu item on the Schedule Recordings menu always searches TV airings instead of the last media type searched & was renamed to "Search for TV Airings".
3. Updated recommended HD100 firmware to version "20080505 0"
4. Right arrow acts as Select when navigating the new File Browser menu.
5. Added Info icon to the help line in the File Browser when a folder is highlighted. Used to get to the pop-up Folder options dialog.
6. Added warning when running an HD100 with a firmware older than the recommended version.
7. Slideshow transitions are enabled by default.
8. Separated iPod and iPhone in the list of conversion format options.
9. Fixed random positioning of images for screen saver slideshow.
10. Fixed fade transition of screen saver slideshow images on HD100.
11. Added photo description/details to the photo Info dialog.
12. Photo viewer's overlay menu has an option to regenerate the current image's thumbnail.
13. Photo viewer's photo rotate overlay menu has an option to autorotate the image, when autorotation is possible.
14. Config Wizard: Skip UI overscan setup if a desktop UI. Skip option to generate all picture thumbnails.
15. Added ability to use NTE when entering passwords when managing Placeshifter users.