The GeekTonic blog has been loaded with new posts again this week. We finished the Kindle 2 reviews, I participated in several podcasts and shared many other media gadget articles for everyone. In case you missed anything from the past week, here is a summary of the past week's news and stories on GeekTonic.
Media Gadget Showcase
Be sure and check out the GeekTonic Media Gadget Showcase - I encourage everyone to sign up for the Gadget Showcase at GeekTonic. Get started by joining the GeekTonic Flickr Group and adding photos of your media gadgets and Media Setup photos for a chance to win Amazon Gift Certificates and more.
We've had two great entries already and hope to see many more in the series. Don't let the first two scare you off - this is for simple sharing of your media gadgets (as simple as a photo and quick review of your HTPC server, favorite media player or whatever) or as elaborate as a full-out writeup of your HTPC setup or Home Theater Build. I'm looking for anything and everything media-gadget related.
Week In Review:
- Netflix New Watch Now Picks of the Week: Episode 9 - Each Friday I list out all of the new Netflix, watch-now titles and highlight a few of the notables.
- SageTV Beta 6.5.12 Arrives – Adds Subtitle Support and more - The latest SageTV beta has some nice surprises. There's also an update for HD Theater users as well. NOTE: SageMC (3rd party addon) users might want to hold off on this update as the beta "breaks" the OSD for SageMC
- GeekTonic on Kindle Chronicles Podcast - I've had so much fun with the Kindle 2, I jumped at the chance to be interviewed by Len Edgerly of the Kindle Chronicles podcast.
- SageTV vs Windows Media Center Showdown Podcast - If you're a HTPC fan, don't miss this podcast. I join four other enthusiasts to discuss and debate the merits of SageTV and Windows Media Center HTPC software.
- Media Gadget Showcase - Home Theater Setup by Dennis Heinle - Check out this awesome Home Theater room Dennis has created. And the media is powered by a HTPC (SageTV) too!
- The Ultimate Directory of SageTV 3rd Party Applications - A comprehensive listing of all SageTV 3rd party applications.
- KindleTips - Ultimate Kindle 2 Shortcuts and Tricks - The guide to all keyboard shorcuts, tips and tricks for the Kindle 2.
- The Non-GeekTonic Review of the Kindle 2 - From the Casual Readers Perspective - My lovely wife Shelly reviews the Kindle 2. She came into this not expecting to like the Kindle 2, but now I can barely get time with the Kindle 2 myself...
- Hauppauge Working on HD version of MediaMVP - The old standby media player MediaMVP from Hauppauge is getting a nice update.
- PlayOn Adds Amazon VOD - Works on XBox360 PS3 and SageTV HD Theater - Amazon VOD now possible for PlayOn users!
- The GeekTonic Ultimate Kindle 2 Review - My in-depth review of the new, Kindle 2
- TV Premieres: What to Watch 03/08 - 03/14
Not as many posts as with some weeks, but many of these were extremely time consuming. Anyway, that's a wrap for this week.
Here's a sneak peek at what's on tap for the coming week:
- Kindle 2 Recommended Web Resources - I've consumed as much information I can get my hands on for the Kindle 2. Now it's time to share the best places for Kindle Information with GeekTonic readers.
- Media Gadget Showcase - Another installment of the Media Gadget Showcase is coming this week. I now have over five of these queued up for the coming weeks. Hurry and get your submission in soon. We have some Amazon.com gift certificates to give away to a few of these submissions.
- Comprehensive Look at the Pros and Cons of SageTV versus Windows Media Center. You've heard the podcast where we touched on the high points on this topic. Now its time to go in-depth and really look at the many good and bad points of these two popular HTPC programs. Don't miss this one.
- Installment 3 of the Wireless Media Keyboard Reviews - The third of the HTPC keyboard reviews - and another giveaway.
- More Media Gadget Goodness - lots more HTPC and media gadget news, reviews and discussion at GeekTonic coming this week!
Stay tuned for more in-depth content for Media Gadget Fans at GeekTonic.com. If you’re in to the Twitter thing, be sure and follow me on twitter under the name GeekTonic. Thanks for Reading GeekTonic!