If you're the kind of person who knows what he wants, and expects to get it,
Beyond TV's Web Admin is just what you're looking for. It gives you extensive
control over advanced settings and options through an easy to use web interface.
Change the directory your shows are saved to, customize your channel lineup, and
control the quality and format of your recordings. Configure specific
ShowSqueeze, SmartSkip, and timeshifting settings and more.
- Set your BTV PC as a static IP address on your LAN. If you need instructions for this, check out this how-to on LifeHacker.
- Forward port 8129 to this static IP of your BTV machine. If you need help forwarding the ports, check out this site for help.
- You can now access your webadmin within your home network using http://(Beyond TV PC's IP address):(Beyond TV PC's Admin port). You can also access the webadmin page from the internet (outside your home network) by changing the "Beyond TV PC's IP address" to your PC's internet IP address. To find out our PC's interent IP address go to THIS LINK.
- (If you would like to make an easier to remember address instead of your ip address, follow steps 4-7) Create a DynDNS account HERE, select dyndns.org (or any domain name from their list), add your own sub domain, then configure the router with the account information
- Download the DynDNS Updater HERE
- Install & set up your DynDNS Updater to log into the DynDNS account you created with your username and password
- It will take care of the rest for you. It will now update send your internet IP address to the DynDNS address automatically.
- Be sure and turn on password protection for the web admin (Advanced Settings >Security Settings >Enabled) so that others can't access your web admin.
- You should now be able to access your BeyondTV Settings (WebAdmin) using an address like this: http://yourdyndnsusername.dyndns.org:8129/