SageTV, a leading HTPC software company released a new public beta of their flagship HTPC front-end software, SageTV today. The folks at SageTV have been pumping out new features and bug fixes at a tremendous pace considering we’re now 4 iterations through the 6.4 version of SageTV in just over two months as 6.4.2 was only released in May 2008. You’ll also find an updated firmware for the SageTV HD100 Extender that corrects a lockup problem some people were experiencing.
With version 6.4.5 comes some attractive new features including Optimized use of tuners so that HDTV tuners can bee set at a higher priority when a show is on both HDTV channels and SDTV channels. Another nice addition is the ability for SiliconDust HDHR users to tune more than 68 channels.
Some of the most significant additions or SageTV 6.4.0 through 6.4.5 are as follows:
- Hauppauge HD PVR Support
- Automatic STVI Generation in the SageTV Studio
- EXIF metadata/thumbnail support for JPEGs
- New file system & network browser
- H.264 videos from YouTube
- High definition photo display on the STX-HD100
- File transfers to/from Placeshifter clients
- Editing of aspect ratios on the fly for the STX-HD100
- Tons of bugs fixes & performance enhancements
For the complete feature list for SageTV V6.4.5 Beta, check out the Sage 6.4.5 Announcement on the SageTV Forums