SageTV released a new public beta this week – version 7.1.2. This once includes some improvements to the guide data details as well as support for the new Hauppauge Colossus tuner.
Highlights of the update include:
- Revamp of UI for SageTV HD300 in standalone (Media Player) Mode
- Support for new Hauppauge Colossus “Tuner”
- Updates to TV guide data including ability to save “favorites” for a sports team, awards information (academy awards etc), al Zap2It Guide data now included for OTA and digital lineups in U.S. & Canada
- Significant improvement for “smooth” fast forward and rewind on HD Extenders (HD200 & HD300)
- True frame stepping support on HD300 plus support for seeking while playback paused
- Placeshifter improvemets
There are many additional updates detailed at the SageTV Forums
Also mentioned in the update notes are some “coming-soon” features:
- Channel Logos provided by SageTV
- Guide data enhancements:
- Season & Episode numbers
- Improved detection of ‘unique’ airings
- 2+levels of categories
- additional flags for shows including Live, Dolby5.1, Letterbox, etc.
- Images for movies in the guide data – basically fanart
Looks like this beta and the next few will include some nice improvements for SageTV users!