Monday Morning Stuff to Read:
1. Verizon hikes up monthly Fios DVR charge - Now going from $13 to $16 per month! That adds up and it's making the case for a PC-based, no monthly fee HTPC PVR more and more appealing.
2. Toshiba says it could boost Hard Drive capacity TENFOLD! - With Toshiba's NC-MR technology, they say they can increase hard drive capacity by 500% in a mere two years! I'm sitting here thinking of a 500 Terrabyte Hard drive for the HTPC.... I kind of have my doubts on when this would be available to the regular guy though - it would have to cost a bunch.
3. $200 Tivo Series3 mail in rebate for you - Zatz Not Funny reporting on a good rebate for you Tivo fans.
4. YouTube for the Apple TV? Plugin coming soon - per digg
5. New MCE update from Microsoft prevents playback of HBO and some AMC programming - per slashdot and zetavu on the snapstream forums. A reason to worry about those fancy and expensive CableCard setups.
6. No evidence that wi-fi is bad for your health - Thank goodness since I have two WiFi access points at my home and more than 40 WiFi access points at work. I sure hope it isn't bad for my health or I'm in real trouble...
7. Photos from the Maker Faire. As Cnet puts it, this was DIY heaven. I wish I could have been there to see it in person.
Don't miss my posts about watching shows from your BeyondTV anywhere in the world with an internet connection and using the NetRadio Plugin for Beyond Media.