Elgato released the new version of EyeTV this week with EyeTV 3.1. EyeTV is a HTPC software program for Mac computers. The new version includes a new TV Guide EPG, Parental Controls Support and official Hauppauge HD-PVR support.
Updates to EyeTV 3.1 Include:
- New TV Guide EPG - TV Guide will be the new Electronic Programming Guide (EPG) for EyeTV and open up the program to some new features. Former users who wish to stay with the older TitanTV EPG can do so for now although support for TitanTV will end eventually. The new EPG service will be included (read free) for the first year after which it will cost $19.95 per year.
- Smart Series Guides - This new feature works with the new electronic programming guide to allow users to record all of the episodes of one series.
- EPG Search by Genre - Just as it says, you can now search the EPG by genre with EyeTV as long as you use the new EPG service.
- Parental Controls - Block Certain content as desired for the kids.
- EyeTV Hybrid Support - We talked about the EyeTV Hybrid a few weeks ago. This tuner is a USB Stick that can tune ATSC, Clear QAM, NTSC analog TV and FM Radio
- Hauppauge HD-PVR Support - Beta support for the HD-PVR started in November and EyeTV now has official support for the Hauppauge HD-PVR. this means you can watch live and record TV from all channels via your Cable Box or Satellite Box!
- Bug Fixes - lots of other bug fixes in the release.
EyeTV 3.1 is a free upgrade for EyeTV 3 users as well as EyeTV 2 users who purchased the older version on or after December 1, 2007. Other EyeTV 2 users can get the upgrade for $39.95. Those new to EyeTV can purchase a new license of EyeTV 3 for $79.95.
If there are any GeekTonic readers out there using EyeTV, let me know in the comments.