Below is a quick summary of the past week's news and stories on GeekTonic.
I very light week in terms of content although the keyboard contest went very well and SageTV is getting Hulu, Netflix and other online streaming content – I should have a post up this week explaining how you can set up your SageTV to do this as well.
- Vidabox Wireless Keyboard Giveaway – The Winner Is – One lucky GeekTonic reader is getting a great wireless media keyboard delivered to his door this week. Congrats to Mark
- More Information on the ATI CableCard Tuner Firmware – While I’ve shown excitement about the more flexible CableCard requirements for Media Center, the more I learn about what it all means the less interested I am. It will definitely be a good thing for Media Center, but I fear the cable companies will mark so many of the channels copy once or worse that it won’t really matter to you the end user anyway.
- Guide to Installing FFDShow – More Advanced Decoding – A nice guide for FFDShow
- Hulu and SageTV – For Real This Time via 3rd Party – More on this coming this week. I’m testing an easy way to get Hulu, Netflix, CBS and other online content to SageTV via PlayOn. And it’s working great.
- TV Premieres: What to Watch 9/20 – 9/27
I’m working on a few articles for this week including a TV-focused post, channel changing with firewire, some SageTV-centric fun and a few other surprises. More in-depth content for Media Gadget Fans at GeekTonic.com.