To wrap up October 2009 I wanted to share the most popular posts (as measured by Google Analytics) of the month:
Popcornhour C-200 Media Player Review and the subsequent giveaway of the C-200 (still going by the way) was a hit this past month. A powerful media player with some faults, but the hardware is extremely nice
CableCard and SageTV Sittin’ in a Tree – SageTV is getting CableCard support via a third party add-on. Not a perfect solution, but an amazing and extremely interesting development for the SageTV HTPC community!
MythTV 0.22 Release Candidate 1 Arrives – I hear another exciting MythTV release is coming this week as well
The Barnes & Noble Nook eBook Reader – I can’t wait to get my hands on this eBook Reader and review it!
Other Content from past months on the Most Popular List include:
- SageTV Ultimate Guide
- Hauppauge HD-PVR on Media Center Arrives – I’ve noticed an uptick in the interest in this “hack” method to use the HD-PVR with Media Center as people become less optimistic that a native solution is coming soon. That along with the DishTV Tuner disappointment seems to have led some Media Center users to try this solution out.
- KindleTips - Ultimate Kindle 2 Shortcuts and Tricks
- SageTV HD200 HD Theater GeekTonic Review
More coming soon.
Nine Ways to Get More out of GeekTonic – a FAQ for New Readers
- Subscribe by email or RSS. Visiting GeekTonic’s website is great, but for many people, it’s more convenient to receive the articles in another form. It’s easy to join thousands of other subscribers and get GeekTonic by e-mail or in your RSS Reader.
- Comment. Engage in the conversation. I read each and every comment and enjoy the discussion. Every article is open for comments so don’t be shy
- Follow me on Twitter – I go by GeekTonic on Twitter and when you follow me you hear my thoughts on tech as well as a few other topics. I also post links to other interesting things I come across on the web that don’t make it to GeekTonic.com
- Send me your questions and suggestions. If you send me an e-mail and let me know what your thinking, things you’d like for me to cover or questions you have I’ll do my best to answer them. You’ll also find me on the SageTV forums, AVSForums, Snapstream forums, MissingRemote.com forums, GreenButton.com forums and other places as well.
- Consider doing a guest post on GeekTonic. If you would like to share with others in the community, consider writing up a guest post. I’ll edit it if needed and add it to the article queue to share with GeekTonic readers. This year for the first time I’m rewarding a select group of those guest bloggers at the end of each year as well with a little “guest blogger” contest for anyone who contributed during the year..
- Tell your friends – e-mail articles you find interesting on GeekTonic, tweet the post or your comment or just tell them about GeekTonic.