If you’re one of the many Media Center folks using an XBox360 as your HTPC extender, this little case mod will seem like a perfect fit for any room with a TV. It’s a HTPC packed into an old, Nintendo NES game system case.
This particular HTPC is available for sale on Etsy for $475 but you could always build one like this yourself. Here’s a sampling of the innards:
- Dual-core 1.6GHz Intel Atom N330 Processor
- NVidia GeForce 9400M Videocard
- Zotac ION ITX Motherboard
- 2GB DDR2 RAM
- 6 USB ports, 1 ethernet port, eSATA, HDMI, DVI and VGA connectors in back
- 4GB flash drive with Ubuntu installed.
Missing is an internal hard drive so you’d need to either set up an external drive or use this as a MythTV extender. Either way, it’s always fun to see what crazy case-mod’s the creative types come up with. Check out the HTPC at Etsy