The day after Thanksgiving has traditionally been one of the biggest days of the year for retailers. To
con entice customers into their particular store, retailers began what is now known as "Black Friday" with loss-leader specials such as super cheap TV's, DVD Players, Computers and other door-buster items to get you in the stores. Well now it appears Walmart is upping the bar a bit this year to entice people to start their holiday shopping even earlier. Zack over at the Snapstream Blog is calling it "Orange Friday", the first Friday after Halloween with deals like you would normally see on "Black Friday."
Here's the specials Walmart is running for today:
- Fisher Price Nascar Ride-On - $144.72
- Sanyo 50" Plasma HDTV - $998.00
- Acer Laptop w/ Celeron Processor & 1GB RAM - $348.00
- Blood Diamond HD-DVD - $14.96
- 12 Monkeys HD-DVD - $14.96
- Big Lebowski HD-DVD - $14.96
- Toshiba HD-A2 DVD Player - $98.87
In addition to the items listed, Walmart's Holiday website allows you to sign up for “Secret In-Store Specials” by email or mobile phone.