The company had previously projected that the DVB version of the HDHR would be ready for mass delivery by September 2008, but announced a delay for that release in mid-September. Fast forward to December 2008 and we see that as of December 9th the DVB-T HDHomeRun tuners were in production, the firmware with DVB-T support has been made available and the estimated factory ship date is December 23rd. SiliconDust hopes to begin pre-orders sometime in advance of that date.
Compatible HTPC Programs:
The product page for the DVB-T HDHomeRun is up on SilconDust's website now. They are projecting that this device will work with Windows Media Center (VMC and MCE), MythTV,SnapStream BeyondTV, SageTV, MediaPortal, GB-PVR, VLC and TSReader.
- QPSK/QAM16/QAM64 (DVB-T over-the-air digital TV)
- ITU-A QAM64/QAM256 (unencrypted digital cable TV)
- 8/7/6 MHz channel bandwidth (multi-country operation).
- IR Receiver (signal PC with a standard remote control)
- 100baseTX high speed network
- 1 year warranty
via SilconDust Forums