It's only been a few weeks since the last one, but the SageTV has released another beta for their Windows, Linux, Mac and Extender HTPC software programs. This one is packed full of bug fixes and a few other tidbits. Highlights include:
- Fixed bug where playback of idx/sub files with SageTVPlayer didn't show the options for subtitles the first time they were played back
- Fixed bug on Vista/Win7 where SageTV would fail to properly resume from standby sometimes when using the Hauppauge HVR-2250
- Fixed bug where an error in the subtitle parsing could crash the entire UI
- Fixed bug where the CC text wasn't always properly vertically centered inside the background
- Support for automatic logins on Win/Mac/Linux and HD200 Placeshifter clients
- Add DVB-T constellation data into dvb-T tuning entry for Windows clients
- Fixed issue on Windows where new performance optimizations to use larger push buffer sizes with the extender had negative impacts (optimizations are still there; its just done slightly different now) - for extenders
- Fixed bug where the aspect ratio was wrong on 4:3 DVDs during the main movie content for extenders
- Added support to recognize BluRay disks in the video browser & other places. Also added themed generic BluRay icon. All on the default STV.
- Added persistent option "Play slideshow in random order" to the photo browser's dialog shown when starting a slideshow.
For a full detailing of the update, check out this thread at the SageTV Forums
There's also new beta firmware updates available for the HD Theater (HD200) and the HD Extender (HD100) that I mentioned earlier this week.