After a ton of beta updates (I count 20!) and beta firmware updates, SageTV has finally released V6.6.1 from beta. So if you’re one of those not wanting to tread the waters of beta-land your wait is over because the official release of SageTV 6.6 has arrived. This is a no-cost upgrade for owners of any previous SageTV 6.x software.
There were a bunch of updates in there, but the highlights include:
- Lots of bug fixes, performance & stability enhancements
- Closed Captioning support
- Support for a wide variety of Subtitle formats
- BDMV folder (BluRay) support on the HD200 for playback of the main movie with support for audio track selection, subtitles and chapters
- Overhauled channel setup & channel scanning for digital TV tuners
- System Message functionality for simplified system monitoring
- Placeshifter automatic logins
This cycle has been one of my favorites for SageTV. You can stream a Blu-Ray disk from the SageTV server to your HD200, a very improved channel setup with channel scanning for digital TV tuners, very useful system messages, improved Hauppauge HD-PVR support and more.
The software can be downloaded from here: http://sagetv.com/download.html
Also released from beta is the new firmware for the SageTV HD100 Extender and the SageTV HD200 Theater.