Plex, the popular Mac-fork of the XBMC project released an interim update to Plex V9 with V0.9.3.3. Plex is HTPC software that allows you to use a Mac, Windows or Linux computer as a media server and a Mac or Roku, LG TV, Samsung Blu-ray Players and TVs, or mobile device as a client. There is not TV/DVR functionality, but movies, music and other media are all part of the program – much like XBMC.
Updates in this release include:
- Support for deleting files in the library.
- Initial support for Photo library sections.
- Support for DTS > AC3 transcoding in transcoder (useful for LG TV, ATV2 and others).
- Plex should now be Lion-ready
- Windows iTunes support
- Windows/Linux Support for timed and automatic library refreshes.
- Support for “Various Artists” (compilations) in music sections.
- Initial support for multi-disc albums in music sections.
- Much faster TV and music metadata loading.
- Many bugs fixes
- Many enhancements to the Plex Media Server API.
You can read the complete list of changes in this update and get the download at the Plex website. The update will also be available as an auto-update in the next day or so.