I have decided to no longer run the popular, weekly TV premiere listings here at GeekTonic. It just takes up too much time to do something my heart is not into. I watch a number of shows these days, but most of those shows are on the cable networks and many of them I watch on my own time via Neflix or on-demand. So instead, I’ll share some of my favorite spots for finding TV information and in a future post I’ll share more secrets for keeping up on TV series.
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premieres on ABC 9/24
Want a handy TV Premiere Date Calendar for the Fall 2013 season? Look no further than TVLine.com.
I’ve always found the Futon Critic to be a great resource for TV show info including premiere dates, network lineups, and show-specific info. For good episode guides head over to TV.com
What new shows will I be watching? This article in the huffingtonpost pretty much sums it up for me. I might watch Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (Premiere Date September 24th) mostly because of Joss Whedon. I also might check out Surviving Jack (Premieres Midseason 2014?) to see if it’s funny. That’s it unless you guys tell me I should be watching something else that’s new on TV.
My favorites list looks something like this:
- Breaking Bad (just began binge watching this over the Summer (thanks Netflix!) and get to watch the final episodes of the series on TWC. Thankfully the series will be over by the time I move on to Google Fiber since AMC is one of the only “big” channels they don’t carry.
- The Newsroom – again we just started this one since moving into the new loft. We binge-watched it and now are caught up and watching week-to-week.
- Downton Abbey – yes, I lose my man-card for this, but it’s a great show. Really! Started this one on Netflix and then via the web (not going to say how…). Now caught up.
- How I Met Your Mother – I’m tired of this one honestly, but am hanging in for the end of this series.
- Person of Interest – My favorite network series right now
- Revolution – I liked this at first, but am quickly getting wary of it. Not sure if I’ll make it much further.
- Modern Family – Still funny to me. One of the lighter series I follow
- The Big Bang Theory – Of course.
- Homeland – I’ve only seen season one, but some day will catch up
- Game of Thrones – Love this and wonder how the TV series will venture from the books
Let me know in the comments what shows you’ll be watching this Fall. Also, let me know if there’s a website or app you use to keep up with the TV seasons. I’ll share more about how I follow the TV world soon. Stay tuned!