SageTV, the maker of leading computer-based Home Theater PC software has continued on their ferocious pace for development and this Fall is no different. Today, SageTV 6.3.1 Beta for Windows, Windows Home Server, Macintosh and Linux was released today with a host of bug fixes and one very anticipated feature - support for the coming HD Extender - STX HD100 Media Extender.
The main new features include the following:
- Hauppauge HVR-950 and ElGato EyeTV Hybrid support on the Macintosh (analog + ATSC)
- HDHomeRun support for Macintosh (ATSC + QAM) (Linux support for HDHR will be in next build)
- DXVA support added to SageTV MPEG Video Decoder
- Support for the SageTV STX-HD100 Media Extender
- Core animation system is enabled by default
- Various bug fixes & performance optimizations
This is a beta version where the kinks get worked out so there will likely be some bumps. But this might be one of the most coveted releases yet for SageTV as many in the SageTV forums have been very excited about the prospect of a hardware HD extender device which is expected to be available to the public in early December. The extender will be much like the Microsoft Media Center extenders (you know like the ones you still can't find for the latest Vista version) that allow you to view all of the content from your main HTPC including HDTV, Movies, Music and more.