The GeekTonic blog has been loaded with new posts again this week. We finished the Kindle 2 reviews, I participated in several podcasts and shared many other media gadget articles for everyone. In case you missed anything from the past week, here is a summary of the past week's news and stories on GeekTonic.
Media Gadget Showcase
Be sure and check out the GeekTonic Media Gadget Showcase - I encourage everyone to sign up for the Gadget Showcase at GeekTonic. Get started by joining the GeekTonic Flickr Group and adding photos of your media gadgets and Media Setup photos for a chance to win Amazon Gift Certificates and more.
We've had three great entries already and hope to see many more in the series. Don't let the first two scare you off - this is for simple sharing of your media gadgets (as simple as a photo and quick review of your HTPC server, favorite media player or whatever) or as elaborate as a full-out write-up of your HTPC setup or Home Theater Build. I'm looking for anything and everything media-gadget related.
Week In Review:
- Deal of the Day: 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive $89 - We've seen the 1 Terabyte drives drop below $90 a few times before, but most of the time you'll see hard drives this size at about $100 or more. I'm looking for the cheapest price point of 1TB to drop down to $70 by the end of this year, but $90 isn't too shabby.
- NCAA March Madness Tournament Schedule on CBS - My Missouri Tigers survived the first round with ease. I expect to see a very tough game for them in Sunday's game against Marquette. One of my favorite sporting events.
- Media Gadget Showcase - Home Theater PC Setup by Damian - Check out this awesome Home Theater setup Damian has created. HTPC-powered and the write-up includes lots of information about his HTPC software and hardware.
- Deal of the Day: Linksys DMA 2200 Media Center Extender with DVD - The Linksys DMA's have been very popular among Windows Media Center users. Not my cup of tea with the limited file format support, but a very popular (and inexpensive) option for Media Center users and including a DVD drive is genius.
- Windows Media Center Health Monitor - An updated version of Windows Media Center Health Monitor.
- Microsoft Ultimate Install Contest
- Quick Note: Do Not Buy the iPod Shuffle - I created a bit of a controversy with this title. I'm obviously not an Apple fanboy, but I love the iPod products and do not want to see Apple take it farther down the path they've taken the shuffle.
- EngadgetHD Special Podcast - Windows Media Center Custom Integrators
- NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket 2009 Excel Free Download.
- iPhone Remote for Boxee Arrives - a cool, new iPhone remote control app for Boxee
- TV Premieres: What To Watch March 15 - 21
For the second week in a row I've been a bit sidelined by work demands but I'm hoping to get back on track soon. I still have several good posts planned for the coming week, but that's a wrap for this week.
Stay tuned for more in-depth content for Media Gadget Fans at GeekTonic.com. If you’re in to the Twitter thing, be sure and follow me on twitter under the name GeekTonic. Thanks for Reading GeekTonic!