Popcorn Hour just a few months ago showed off their new, do-it-all Popcorn Hour C200 media player that I reviewed and gave away here at GeekTonic. And now they have yet another hardware device. This one is smaller, without an internal drive bay, costs and is awkwardly named the popbox.
- Cost: $129
- Shipment ETA: March 2010
- Newer UI than current C200
- Size: 15.9 Oz, 8”x6”x1.25”
- 1 USB 2.0 on front and 1 USB on back
- SD Card Slot on back (2GB SD Card included)
- Video: M1V, M2V, M4V, MP3G1, MPEG2, TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4, FLV, F4V
- Video Output: HDMI (1080p/720p/480p) and Component Y/Pb/Pr
- Apps: Netflix 2.0, Shoutcast, Revision3, Twitter etc
- Network: Ethernet 10/100, WiFi 802.11 N/B/G (option), and UPnP
You can find out more about the popbox at the following locations:
Official Website: http://popbox.com
Engadget has a video of their hands-on with the device
To me it looks very similar to the SageTV HD200 in size and similar in specs too. Definitely a competitive price that should make waves.