Lost in all of the Sonos iPad Controller news was a little software update for the Sonos System.
Sonos has updated to version 3.3 with the following updates:
- iPad Controller Support (check out my first look at the Sonos iPad Controller)
- Control your entire Sonos system from any iPad over your home Wi-Fi network.
- View your zones, music menu, now playing pane, and volume controls all at once — in landscape or portrait mode.
- Quickly search for your favourite artists by typing on the virtual keyboard and browse through albums by pointing and flicking.
- Drag and drop to create playlists in an instant.
- View full-screen and thumbnail views of album art.
- Download it for free on the App Store.
- Available worldwide, in English only.
- Added support for AAC means more radio stations to enjoy all over the house
- Tune in to over 1,000 additional stations in the Sonos Radio guide.
I used Sonos last weekend to find a college football game radio broadcast that wasn’t airing in my area. There were already a huge number of online radio stations supported so an additional 1,000 or so is pretty amazing.
The software update can be done using your iPad controller or computer Sonos app.