Many Microsoft Media Center users are familiar with Big Screen Global for several popular Media Center Vista add-ons. Since Windows 7 has released, they have been working on Big Screen EPG which is being officially launched as a release version and ready for download and purchase.
Some of the core features Big Screen EPG brings users include :
- Ability to import rich EPG data from any combination of XMLTV based data sources – and assign them to any Free-to-Air and PayTV Services available inside Media Center – including Terrestrial/Satellite/Cable based Digital TV (such as ATSC, DVB-T/T2, DVB-S/S2, DVB-C), Analog/CCTV Channels (PAL/NTSC/Secam) as well as IPTV Services.
- Allows use of custom Channel Logos which are displayed within the Media Center EPG.
- Intelligent and Sophisticated Unique Program and TV Series detection features – allowing for more reliable and powerful scheduled recording in Media Center.
- Automatic Series Matching and Metadata import (with inbuilt database of over 20,000+ ‘known’ TV Series) – which injects TV Series Artwork, Star-Ratings and other rich program information.
- Works with Multi-Lingual EPG metadata – including support for non-latin and DBCS character sets such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hebrew, Greek, Russian, Arabic, Thai and others.
- Enables Media Center’s inbuilt Parental Controls