The HD-PVR is a HD video recorded that uses output from your analog, component output and converts the video to a H.264, compressed recording at resolutions up to 1080i. It allows you to record HD right from any video device with a component out port. Combine it with SageTV, BeyondTV (beta) or GB-PVR and MythTV you can time-shift all of that content on your Home Theater PC.
What's included in the HD-PVR Driver Update?
- SPDIF Bitstream: DD 2.0 & 5.1 Capture
The default audio stream is AC3 2.0, you have a selection option for AAC or AC3. It will default with 5.1 audio if it is available or 2.0 if not available.
- You can encode DD/AC3 2.0 from SPDIF PCM & RCA analog sources
- When you take h.264 and add AC3 you have a AVCHD file which is supported (Note that I haven’t tried this yet) by several video-editing apps including:
- Ulead Video Studio
- Ulead DVD MovieFactory
- CyberLink’s PowerDirector
- Sony Vegas Platinum
- Vegas Pro
- Pinnacle Studio 12
- Nero 7 Ultra edition Enhanced
- Apple Final Cut Express
- Apple Final Cut Studio
- Apple iMovie ‘08
- The AVCHD files are natively compliant with PS3 for playback from USB-HDD or UPnP streaming
- Dynamic audio/video format switching on the fly ( channel surfing / PCM to DD audio switching when going from DVD/BD menu and playing the movie )
- Fixes the audio sync problem some SageTV users were experiencing on 1080i recordings on the SageTV HD100 extender.
- Several stability improvements
- Download the new driver from the Hauppauge Support Page (navigate to the beta tab for download and instructions) or from SHSPVR
- Unzip the driver update
- Run "hcwdriverinstall.exe"