Are you a Vista Media Center user and a sports fan? If so Microsoft just announced the perfect online video channel for you. Today, Microsoft is taking live the new Sports Channel for Windows Media Center. The channel offeres a wide range of on-demand sports coverage from CBSSports.com, Fox Sports, MSNBC.com and more. You'll find breaking sports news, player interviews, fantasy sports tracking and more. The addition of CBSSports makes the offering an interesting one given the upcoming March Madness NCAA sports coverage.
To check out the new Sports Channel, launch Windows Media Center, scroll down to "Sports" and click on the Sports Channel tile.
According to Microsoft's blog, here's some content you can expect on this channel during March Madness:
- Watch complete games in condensed form shortly after the games are completed. (without timeouts, half time, ball retrieval, etc.)- Watch marquee games in the first two rounds, then view all the games after that through to the championship game
- Game Highlights (1-2 min)
- Highlights from every tournament game (63 games total)
Post Game Interviews (1-2 min)
- Post game interviews as available
- Buzzer Beaters (2-10 min)
- Last few minutes plus of select games with great finishes
Sounds like a good use of online content by Microsoft. Lets hope they continue down this path.