Below is a quick summary of the past week's news and stories on GeekTonic.
- State of the Art TV Remote – from 1961 - I got a kick out of this commercial for a state of the art TV set circa 1961. The focus was on the remote control.
- Hulu Premium - Free Online TV May Not Last - Hulu continues to get a lot of interest from the tech world and mainstream press as well. As the media companies try to find their way through the evolving TV distribution world.
- MediaPortal 1.1.0 (alpha) Coming Soon - The MediaPortal development team has a challenge on their hands keeping version 1 of their software updated at the same time they work towards an entirely new HTPC platform they are calling version 2.
- Customize your BeyondTV Icons - A little customization goodness for BeyondTV brought to us by users of the software-based PVR program BTV.
- Deal of the Day - 1TB Hitachi Hard Drive
$74.59$70!!! A coupon makes the deal I posted for this 1TB hard drive even better
- Month in Review - May 2009
- TwitterMCE - Twitter from your Couch - Another option for twittering on your MediaCenter PC.
- Google Makes Move into eBooks - The eBooks market is moving quickly - mostly behind the scenes, but Google's move is a push towards the mainstream if ever so slowly.
- eBooks Future Form Factor - I really like the concept of the Plastic Logic eBook (only in concept form currently). It's more like the paper we are all used to and even easier to carry with you - I think something in this form will be the future.
- TV Premieres: What to Watch 5/31 - 6/06
It will be light posting this coming week as I'll be mostly disconnected from the Internet. I will have a few auto posts though so keep an eye out.
Stay tuned for more in-depth content for Media Gadget Fans at GeekTonic.com. If you’re in to the Twitter thing, be sure and follow me on twitter under the name GeekTonic. Thanks for Reading GeekTonic!